…she just bought another house near her home in Port Charlotte, Fla. This one — two bedrooms, one bath — cost $17,500. (The first one, which she split with her mom, cost $12,000, down from a value of roughly $100,000 at the peak of the boom.)
I wasn’t surprised that she bought a second house. She was clearly a savvy, ambitious kid. What struck me was how much Willow herself had changed.
When I talked to her this spring, she didn’t think about herself as remarkable in any way. But after our story aired, she became a minor celebrity. She went on Ellen. And Ellen DeGeneres kept telling Willow what an amazing kid she is.
"Everyone started calling," Willow says. Good Morning America, Anderson Cooper, some show from Korea. "I thought, ‘Oh my goodness.’ "
- lifeofthetryhard reblogged this from planetmoney
- p1nkstarf1sh likes this
- a-greer reblogged this from planetmoney
- excessivetalk reblogged this from planetmoney
- emmaarrons likes this
- mdys likes this
- crasher35 reblogged this from planetmoney
- edgarpuke likes this
- kenyatta likes this
- fragmentedfictions likes this
- backstreetsbackalright likes this
- gallislaygal likes this
- joshuafuckingjames likes this
- tennine likes this
- planetmoney posted this